Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Projects

So here are a few things we have been up to, first of all, I volunteered to make a Gingerbread house for Trenton's school, because the kids were going to decorate them and have a silent auction for them. This is the first time I have ever made a gingerbread house, well after much trial and error I got one put together, I had extra batter, so this is the one we kept and decorated at home. Next was the Terra Cotta Nativity Scene, I really wanted to do this with my Activity Day girls, but it ended up being out of the price range. Any ways Trenton and I did one, I thought it turned out really cute. Next was the project I finished yesterday, I think I started this in November sometime. I grew up with knitted stockings with mine and Jonathan's names on them and I always wanted to do that for my family, well, because I am too cheap to pay to have someone else make them, I gave it a shot and I am so proud of myself. I like to crochet alot, but knitting not some much, but I have to say this ended up being so simple. I have to give thanks to my Mom, Grandma Sofie, Grandma DD and my Merry Miss leader, Sister Harrison, who first taught me how to knit. Because of them I have books and the natural talent to do these things. Thanks a bunch.

 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. You are amazing!!! What a fun mom. I love your kid's picture. That is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't mind that I'm leaving a comment. Those look like some great crafts. You have great ideas for fun activities for the family. I think I'm going to use some of your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the house! I've never attempted ginger bread houses, not sure if mine would turn out very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very talented! I could never do that. I just buy the stuff I need. Yes, I am very dull and boring; I look up to talented women like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gingerbread house looks GREAT! We cheated and bought the kit...SHHHH....don't tell!

    ReplyDelete