I am so excited to have started a garden this year. I have always wanted a garden because I grew up with, I think, the best gardeners in the world. I only hope I got that gardening gene from them!!! First, after finding out about Square Foot Gardening, last Spring, that was the route I wanted to take. Well after researching prices I got discouraged and didn't do a garden last year. Well this year it all just fell together. I still don't have my square foot garden, but this is a good place to start. First you have to understand our soil...uh, sand, clay, hard as a rock ground, I knew we were going to need a tiller, but prices of them, buying was out of the question, so we found out our neighbor who works with Trav, was borrowing a tiller from another coworker, so fortunately we were able to borrow it. Luckily we found out from the owner of the tiller ahead of time that you need to soak the ground for a day or two prior to tilling and I have to say that made a world of difference. So here is Travis tilling our plot for our garden.


The kids have enjoyed doing this garden, here is Shelby out playing.

The finished (tilled) project.

So I feel bad because I don't have any pictures of Trenton helping me in the garden and he had been my biggest help, planting, watering, watching, he has really enjoyed watching the fruits of our labor sprout.
Right after planting seeds only half the garden.

Here are my rocks that we wrote on to be the labels for our plants.

So I need to go out and take a new picture of the garden because it is much greener than it looks in these pictures. Here are a few radishes, corn, and potatoes.



We had a wonderful thunderstorm last Friday that it rained so hard in such a short time that I was afraid my garden was ruined, but it survived. I am very pleased with our garden so far and can't wait to eat our veggies. Here is my helper Shelby in the garden.


Well sorry this post is so long, but I want to show family how my garden looks. Happy Gardening to the rest of you!!! :)
What a BLAST and garden looks GREAT!
ReplyDeleteYou have to let me know the secret. EVERYTHING I try to grow dies! Your Memorial Day looks like fun. Are you guys going to Malad for the 4th?
ReplyDeleteI love our garden this year too! I am so Happy that all your hard work has paid off! Best wishes to you and the Family! Now we hope we can eat it! Grown darnit!:)
ReplyDelete